Academic year in Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University starts in June. For regular under-graduate and post-graduate courses, the admissions are offered at affiliated colleges, recognized institutes, and university departments.
Applicants aspiring admissions need to apply in respective college, institute, or department. From academic year 2014-15 application for admission has been made available online by the University. Applicants may use this facility to the fullest for their benefit. The output of the Online Appication will be a printout of application form to be submitted in colleges.
Applicants from states other than Maharashtra, and foreign nationals may also use this facility. However, foreign nationals may have to undergo additional mandatory procedures by contacting the college.
A Candidate is eligible for admission to the three year integrated course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts, Commerce & Science should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC) examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai or an examination recognized as equivalent with subjects, as may be specified by SNDT University.
A students from another university or board of secondary or intermediate education or any other statutory examination body seeking admission to the university shall apply to the registrar for a statement of eligibly and except in the case of students from the universities in the state of Maharashtra who shall require to pay fee of Rs. 250/- only. The registrar may issue a provisional statement of eligibility if he is satisfied that the applicant is prima facie eligible a student may seek provisional admission to this University at her own risk and on condition that she submits to the Registrar’s Office the Head/Principal of his institution/College the necessary certificates in original together with a typed application for confirmation of her eligibility before the close of the academic term in which the student is provisionally admitted to the University. No students from another University shall be admitted to any institution maintained by or affiliated to the university except on production of provisional statement of Eligibility issued by the Registrar. A student coming from other Universities has to submit Migration Certificate at the time of admission.
Students coming from other colleges affiliated to the SNDT University will be admitted only provisionally on production of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the principal of the college last attended and their admission will be confirmed only on receipt of the Transference Certificate (TC) from their previous college. To get the same, the students should collect T.C. from the college office and the duly filled in form should be submitted to the college last attended.
The Students are expected to observe the admission formalities by attaching the required documents to the admission from at the time of admission, failing which their claim for admission will stand forfeited.
1. Original S.S.C. Mark-sheet.
2. Original H.S.C. Mark-sheet.
3. Original School Leaving Certificate.
4. Original Cast Certificate (for verification).
5. Original Certificate for achievements in sports and cultural activities (for verification).
6. Original Certificate of Freedom fighters, Defense employee, Ex-Servicemen, Handicapped etc (for verification)
7. Two recent passport size photographs with name and class on its back.
8. Students from other colleges seeking admission to this college should produce a “No Objection Certificate” from the previous college.
9. All admissions are provisional until confirmed by the appropriate authorities.
1. Two zerox copies of all the above required documents should be attested by the competent authority and submitted along with admission form.
2. Students are advised in their own interest, that before submitting certificates, mark sheets etc. in original to the college office, they should retain true copies of the documents with themselves. The original School Leaving Certificate or Transference Certificate will be kept by the college permanently and under no circumstances will it be given back to the students hence, students should keep sufficient number of photocopies of Mark sheet, School Leaving Certificate or Transference Certificates with them.